ASTM for roofing slate
ASTM is the abbreviaton for 'American Standard Test Methods'.
These standards define the important rock parameters and how they has to be tested, leading to a classification of quality. For roofing slate, the following norms are of importance:
- C 119 = Definition of Roofing Slate
- C 406 = Standard Specification for Roofing Slate
- C 120 = Standard Test Methods of Flexure Testing of Slate (Breaking Load, Modulus of Rupture, Modulus of Elasticity)
- C 121 = Test Method for Water Absorption of Slate
- C 217 = Test Method for Weather Resistance of Slate